Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Road Taken To Often

Diabetes is a rough road travel. But it is a road I put myself on and now it’s time to take control. For years my sugar has been controlling me. I’m tired of it. This is the year I get my health back on track.
I will do this, one pound at a time. One healthy habit at a time. One positive thing at a time.
What I have done up to now:
·         I started Weight Watchers and lost 30 pounds. I have many more pounds to go.
·         I have taken all my meds on time and every day. (In the past I hardly ever took my meds as I was suppose to) *I am now off my insulin shots*
·         I eat 2 apples a day. I have discovered I love love love apples. Granny Smith apples rock!
·         Most times I make healthy food choices.
·         I have weeded the negative people out of my life.
·         I learned to accept myself and my flaws (this was the hardest)

What I am beginning to do and plan to do this year:
·         I will focus on nutrition. I am doing this by way of BodyByVi and educating myself.
·         No more obsessing over the number on the scales.
·         This week I am going to slowly add exercise to my daily life.
·         My mental health is just as important as my physical health I am going to take steps to bring some sanity to my life.
·         I am going to try new things. Maybe face a fear or two.
There will be times when I slip. I am okay with that. It is what I do after those bad moments that will define me. Continue my healthy path or give up?
Ready to take charge of your health? Here are some links.
My BodyByVi Site

Weight Watchers

http://www.choosemyplate.gov/

No comments:

Post a Comment