Monday, February 27, 2012

Insert title here - because I can't' think of one

Yes I am a big fan of Weight Watchers and BodyByVi.
Do I wish everyone was on these two programs? Yes I do. But everyones journey is different.
If you are overweight and want to change that, DO SOMETHING!
What works for me might not be what you want.
Just please try to do something to change your health for the better.

If you are out and about on the web and see a plan you want to try. Research it, TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR, and ask yourself if you are ready to commit to a change in lifestyle. Yes a change in lifestyle. There are no miracle weightloss plans (people may claim it but uh...no). The key is to pick a plan you can live with.

Don't be afraid of change and the work you have to put into it. No one can lose the weight for you.
I have been on plans in the past that many people flourished on, they lost weight, kept it off and improved their life. Why did those plans not work for me? I was not ready to change my life. Plain and simple. It was easier to sit on my ass and let my health decline. People my A1C was and 11 !!! That is HIGH. I was killing myself. I hurt all the time, getting out of bed tired me out, I went through my day miserable and hating myself.

One day my mom said lets try this Weight Watchers points plus plan. I said sure with no intention of trying. But I read the plan...hmmm. Sounded easy enough. What could it hurt if I tried? I promised myslef to try it for 24 hours. I could commit to one day. That one day went to one week which went to one month. You get the picture. Three months into my new lifestyle my A1C was 6.6 !!! WooHoooooo !!!

It is not easy. I still make bad food choices. I avoid exercise at all cost (I am working on changing that). I do on occasion gain a few pounds back before I get control again. Some days are a breeze some days I struggle and have to take it minute by minute. Sometimes I win the battle sometimes I lose. But I NEVER give up!

There are a few things I do that I feel add to any plan.
 1) I look at success stories to inspire.
 2) Podcast (Reasonable Diet/Six Minutes of Sanity is the best! Sandra Ahten rocks!)
 3) Keep a sense of humor. It will help you get through the dark moments.
 4) Read. Write. Some sort of hobby you can turn to calm the mind.
 5) Make a lists of rewards/bucket list. Read it when you need a kick in the tush.

The journey of a thousand miles may begin with the one step but the journey to a new you begins with putting the fork down.

I was thinking should I end all my posts with "Put down the fork and get off your ass" ? Too much? What do you think? Please share your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment