Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Scarowinds and Renaissance Festival



I had a fantastic weekend. Friday we (Hubby Joey, Sis Dana, nephew Corey, niece Haley, cousins Tia and Jesse) spent the evening at Carowinds Amusement park, which during October becomes SCAROWINDS! (scare-o-winds).
The teens drove us crazy during the ride there. Seems no one understood the concept of ‘inside voices’. But we survived the ride!
Once there WE HAD A FRIGGIN BLAST!
Joey rode a few rides with the teens. Than we all went through two haunted mazes together. A frightened Dana spent several hilarious minutes running from a clown! Than the teens dumped us and took off on their own. So Dana, Joey and I hit five more haunted mazes, a foggy cemetery and a haunted rave type thing. We screamed, we laughed, and we realized our old knees didn’t like all that walking! It was so much fun I want to go again! And again! I did not have a funnel cake or cinnabons or even fudge. I was good and did not eat anything sold at the park.


Me, a creature, and Joey


Left to right: Tia, Haley, Corey, Dana, me, Jesse


Joey and I made it back home sometime after 1 a.m., went to bed around 2-ish, slept a tad than we were up at 6 a.m. to go to the Renaissance Festival! We met up with cousin Jon, aunt Cathy and her boyfriend Wayne. We were soon separated; we got ditched again when Joey and I went to get me a new puzzle ring wedding band. After losing some weight my four band puzzle ring kept falling off. It was a size 6, my new SIX band puzzle ring is a size 4 ½ !!! It has taken me seven years to figure out how to solve the 4 band puzzle now I have a 6 band!
Joey and I had a great time. Walked around, saw a few comedy acts, and Joey looked at a whole lot of boobs! Left at five, got home sometime after six, and crashed on the couch around 8!


The ride to Scarowinds


That was long yellow brick road...


No comments:

Post a Comment