Sunday, August 28, 2011

One Fat Chick Bio

I'm 38, overweight, out of shape and suffer from obesity related illnesses.
But I'm on a mission to change all of that.
I'm recaiming my life one pound at a time.

Some days are a breeze others, not so much. First let me tell you how I got fat. I could blame my weight issues on the bad things that have happened to me in my life, my brother was murdered and my little boy passed away. Oh, I did have jumps in my weight during those times but the reason I am fat is....I love food. Food is great. The feel of chocolate melting and coating my tongue with that lucious milk chocolately goodness. Yum! Pizza, on my goodness, PIZZA. The best food ever! tons of melted cheese over top of crusty garlicky bread. Mmmm Mmmm good. Potato chips, what can I say about the potato chip other than it is the best snack ever made.

See I love food, sadly not the heathy variety.

I also hate to exercise, ok hate is a strong word. I really don't despise exercise, i'm just too lazy. Why exercise when there are books to be read, movies to be watched and a million other things that are way more fun than making ones self sweat.

My love of food added to my inactive lifestyle equaled: one fat chick.

I am 5'1 and over 200 lbs. (well not now, I way less) I have type 2 diabeties. I take several meds: two shots and 3 types of pills. I am suppose to take more but I don't. Walking up stairs is torture, seeing my feet over my stomach: impossible. My balance is bad, my blah blah blah. I could go on forever about the negatives of being fat.

After over 15 years of being fat it happened: i realized their is no magic pill that will make me slim, my doctor can only help me so much if I'm not willing to help myself, and spending countless amounts of money on unused exercise videos will not give me the healthy body I crave. I was so tired of living my life around my med schedule. I was tired of hiding my body behind bulky clothes. I was tired of waiting for my life to happen. I was tired of be tired all the time.

Finally my mind, body and the universe aligned perfectly and a light bulb moment occured. I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN LOOSE MY WEIGHT. NO ONE CAN DO IT FOR ME.

Thus began my mission to acheive the healthiest version of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment